T & C’s
FIND OUT MORE
Terms and conditions
This page outlines the terms and conditions to its users. We recommend you read the terms and conditions prior to use of this website. As a user of this website you acknowledge that any use of this website (including transactions whether a fee is paid upfront or not) is subject to the terms and conditions listed below. If you disagree with any terms of the website please refrain from use.
We reserve the right to alter the terms and conditions at any point. Updates will show on the website. As a user we recommend that you read the terms and conditions prior to each individual use. Use of the website will indicate acceptance of the terms and conditions as per the website on each individual use (inclusive of any changes)
Registration and payment
- In order to use our services we ask for certain details regarding the property/business owner. This information is required for registration and all information collected is protected under the data protection act.
- All information provided must be accurate as we use this information for contact purposes and it is not shared with a third party without your prior permission.
- If you pick one of our upfront fee packs payment will be due prior to any details being taken. If you choose a monthly option payment is taken in advance. Failure to continue with payments will lead to the removal of the advertisement. We will send you reminders 7 days prior to the expiry date of the advertisement
- If you opt for the option to pay once your property/business is sold or let, it is your responsibility to ensure invoices are paid and you make The Commercial Property Shop aware of any progression of deals. Failure to do so will lead to court proceedings being taken against you.
- Our website and services should on all occasions only be used for lawful purposes
- Any information provided is to be accurate and reliable to the best of your knowledge.
- You will only provide information, pictures and other advertising information for which you have the authority to do so.
Fair use policy
- We reserve the right to withdraw any listing that is deemed to abuse our policies and procedures in any way. If your advert is removed due to abuse of any of our policies you will not be entitled to a refund.
- All adverts will be removed once the paid advertisement time has elapsed. Reminders will be sent via email or SMS dependent on your preference 7 days prior to the end of your paid advertisement time.
- Each advert should cover a single property/unit/business only. Any advertisement not abiding this rule will be removed from the site.
Terms and conditions for each individual package
- Lettings: There are two upfront options for lettings of commercial property. £60 which will be charged monthly or £165 charged on a quarterly basis. We will require you to provide a description and a minimum of 5 images. We then create the marketing material including a brochure which will be forwarded to you. Prior to the end of your allocated advertising a reminder will be sent via email or SMS dependent on your preference. We will send you an invoice and if paid the advertisements remain on all the portals if not we will simply remove this. An EPC is required prior to commencement of any advertisement. The advertising start date in regards to payment starts from when the advertisements are live on all portals. Subscription can be cancelled earlier however this will not reflect in the price.
- Upfront payment for the sales: There are two options £220 on a quarterly basis or £500 for unlimited advertising (maximum 12 months). We require for you to provide us with a description, measurements if possible, a minimum of 7 images and in the case of a business transfer we also require financial information in regards to the business. We then create the marketing material including a brochure which will be forwarded to you. Prior to the end of your allocated advertising a reminder will be sent via email or SMS dependent on your preference. We will send you an invoice and if paid the advertisements remain on all the portals if not we will simply remove this. An EPC is required prior to commencement of any advertisement. The advertising start date in regards to payment starts from when the advertisements are live on all portals. Subscription can be cancelled earlier however this will not reflect in the price.
- Buy now pay later option for both lettings and sales: There is one option for rentals and one for sales in regards to commercial properties/ businesses. We require you to provide the description and a minimum of 5 images of the property. This will be invoiced towards the end of the transaction. Failure to confirm that you have taken a buyer or tenant we sent will result in court action against you. This will include the recovery of any costs incurred for taking further action against you. For lettings the fee is 50% of the first month’s rent or a minimum of £300.00 whichever is greater. The advertisement period is unlimited until sold for both sales and lettings. If you choose a buy now pay later option we have to insist on sole agency for a period of three months. Should a buyer/tenant be found in this time frame you will be invoiced for the outstanding fee whether it is through an agency or personal advertising.
Landlord and business/property owner responsibilities
- All potential leads need to be contacted within a reasonable period of time. We recommend that initial contact should be made within 24-48 hours
- To not discriminate against any buyer or potential tenant
- Provide all accurate information and not to knowingly mislead any potential buyer or tenant
- Ensure that you have a valid EPC for your property and make this available to us and any potential buyers or tenants.
- To ensure that your property meets UK statutory law
- Ensure all fees are paid as invoiced and you keep us up to date with any progress if you have opted for a buy no pay later package.
- If you opt for tenant referencing you must refer the potential tenant back to us
- To ensure that the gas safety is up to date
- To ensure any insurance or electrical safety obligations are met
- To provide details such as solicitor details in a timely manner
Extras can be added to any package at any point. All Extras apart from rent collection are just one extra payment on top of the cost of the package.
Progression pack: This can be added to any package for a one off payment of £149. This includes negotiation of price and in the case of lettings we also negotiate the lease terms. Head of terms in regards to lettings or a sales memorandum is sent to all parties involved within the transaction. We will actively liaise with your solicitors to see the transaction through to completion. This can be added at any point.
EPC: This is usually required prior to any advertisements going live. If however you can show that this has been instructed and will be available within 7 days of the advertisement going live we can commence advertising for you. In rare cases where there is a further delay due to a genuine reason we can leave the advertisement live. If there are still further delays we have no choice but to withdraw any live advertisements. No refund will be issued if an advertisement has to be taken down due to this reason. We can provide an EPC for you. If you require one we advise for you to get in touch so we can get you a quote as price will vary dependent on size and type of property etc.
Floor plans: This can be added to any plan for a one off payment of £25. This is reliant on the information provided by the landlord or property/business owner. This is a one off fee of £25. The floor plans will be used for marketing purposes and will also be sent to the landlord or property/business owner as part of the property brochure.
Monthly rent collection: This can be added to any lettings package. We are responsible for collecting the rent each month and then transferring it into an allocated bank account. This can be added to the ‘Rent my property’ option. Fixed fee £20 per calendar month taken from the rent before the remaining amount is transferred into your account. This is not a management option. To have this option you need to also add the tenant referencing option. Without referencing the tenants we are unable to take the responsibility of the rent collection.
Leases – Tenant referencing
This can be added as an extra to the lettings package. The cost of this is billed to the tenant at £100 per applicant. If you want to take this option we ask you to refer the prospective tenant back to us so we can talk them through the next process. This option is not compulsory. We carry out full checks that cover but are not limited to credit check, affordability and reference checks. In a situation where an applicant is successful if you chose to then not proceed with them you are liable to cover the costs of the referencing fee back to the prospective tenant. Reference checks will only be carried out once the terms have been agreed.
Fraud prevention and money laundering
We are duty bound to confirm the identity of everyone that uses our service and refer any suspicious activity to the relevant governing bodies.
No listings will go live until we have confirmed proof of identity and ownership. Failure to provide everything within 7 working days the listing will be cancelled and no refund will be issued.
All users are required to send in a copy of their proof of photographic ID showing their name, DOB and address.
All users must provide proof of property/business ownership in the form of land registry documents, mortgage statement, business registration documents this should also correspond to the name on the ID provided.
Likewise companies must provide the full name of the director as well as documents mentioned above for the director who will take full responsibility for the listing.
If you are looking to purchase a business/property or let a commercial property prior to any offer or negotiations being submitted you are required to provide proof of ID to confirm your full name, DOB and address.
Further documents may be requested.
With your consent, we will hold a limited amount of your personal data. However, we do so in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the 8 principles of the act. We will never share your personal information with any third party. All your personal information is only used for the lawful purposes that you provide it. Your personal information is kept for as long as required.
We try to ensure that the service we provide is to the highest standard however on the rare occasion you should wish to make a complaint or forward any feedback. We advise you to write in to
The Commercial Property Shop,
238 Chorley Old Road,
Bolton, BL1 3BW
Or you can email us on email@example.com
All complaints will be processed within appropriate timescales